Sunday, November 10, 2013

As I have loved you, love one another.

This line has never been very hard for me to do, until recently. The last couple months have tried me over and over. I have had countless people that I have tried to love, but somehow I felt like I was doing most of the work. I have had people that I still love very much, hurt me, and make me feel bad for making a choice of sanity vs insanity.

In church today one of our darling sister missionaries spoke. She shared her reconversion story, and it was basically because of a Visiting Teacher. A lady who loved her unconditionally. I had tears in my eyes the whole talk. I started thinking about women in my life who love me like this, and it warmed me. Each time I thought of someone, my mind came back to this one friend of mine. I thought about countless times she has shown her love. A friend that I catch up with once a week sometimes. I would't call her my best friend, but ironically she is trust just as much as my best friend of 18 years. That made me think. Why? How? It was at the forefront of my mind all day. And as I was getting ready to read my scriptures I figured it out.

It doesn't matter how many times you talk to a person, or how long you know them. What matters is what they have done with the time they have been in your life. This woman from the VERY start was special to me. The first time I met her, she had told me about a job and I was going for the interview. For a long time I couldn't remember this as the first. Till today. Unconditional love act 1. We then "met" a second time going with a few other ladies to a church pageant. We shared some laughs, and created a very fun memory with each other. Still, this was not the point I feel we became close. It wasn't till months later, that we were chatting on FB and I felt connected to her. I instantly trusted her, and confided in her for most things. As time has gone by, and i think back to our random talks. There really is no trend to how often we meet up. Then it hit me. She really is my angel. I have NO doubt in my mind now God has had this planned from day one. That we became closer during a harder time in my life. Where I have learned to trust, and to earn trust. She listens to me complain about everything from boys, to my emotions. She has given of her love freely. Unconditionally.

During the sisters talk today, she asked "Can you say you love freely?" When she asked that I just smiled. Because I can. And I keep doing so, because God put the most ideal friend for me in my life. And I didn't even see it till today.

No comments:

Post a Comment